Archive for May, 2011
One of my clients, Katy Goshtasbi, owner/founder of Puris Image, a personal branding company asked me to be the subject of a video series she is creating on her YouTube channel. She had a great idea to create quick 2 – 3 minute videos with her flip cam, interviewing her clients on their experience personal shopping with her at Stein Mart and posting the videos to her social media sites.
What I love about her video series approach are several things:
- She’s uploading new videos every week with new client interviews and using her keywords with each upload.
- She’s giving the embed code to each interviewee to get them to add it to their blog (see below), this gives “in-links” to her content.
- She’s keeping the videos short so that she can keep the viewers interested.
- She’s promoting the video on her blog, her Facebook site and in Twitter.
- She’s promoting a strong brand, Stein Mart, in the videos, which is a great way to get noticed, especially if Stein Mart monitors social mentions of their brand. The goal would be that Stein Mart would reach out to her to thank her for all the kind mentions and perhaps it could turn into a great online relationship for her, if the Stein Mart web site or Facebook page links to her videos content. It could help her go viral online and get her more viewers.
If you’ve been thinking about using video to promote your business, take a look at Katy’s approach and see how you can do something like that for yourself. What do you think of her series so far? I’d love to hear your comments below.